Monday, April 8, 2013

It's TIme To Eat My Words

I admit it.  After Friday's post exhorting you to get rid of your books,  I have some nerve to ask you to buy one on Monday.

DIng-ding-ding. Shameless Self-Promotion Alert.

An essay and knitting pattern of mine are included in the second Defarge book: What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?  My pattern is based on one of the first detective novels, Wilkie Collins' The Woman In White, and my essay discusses the not-so-guilty pleasures of detective fiction.  I'll ratchet down the shamelessness by not arguing that my essay and pattern alone are worth the cost of the book; you'll get over twenty others.

What's that you say?  You don't knit? Buy the book anyway.  Read it yourself, or give it as a gift to a reader or knitter (I'll warrant you know at least one of each). I do think you'll enjoy the personal essays on the wide variety of literature that inspired the patterns:  The Miss Marple Stories, Moby Dick, Rosemary's Baby, Anne of Green Gables, The Satyricon, The Odyssey and many more. 

You can buy it HERE.  

You'll be supporting independent designers and a feisty independent press.  The first Defarge book was black and white only;  this time around there are professional models, color photos, and an improved website.

Best of all, you are not required to buy the book in the shelf-stuffing DT (dead tree) format; it's available in digital-only or digital+print formats.  

If you buy a copy, let me know, and I'll eat a word or two on camera and post it here.

Hand me the chocolate sauce, Jeeves.

No comments: