Thursday, June 6, 2013

Older Than Dirt?

Not me. For every day that brings some disastrous scientific news about why I am doomed because of my diet, my personality, or my hair color, there is a day like today. A day when they discover something that makes me feel so much better--younger, handsomer, more cosmopolitan.

A couple of months ago it was the baby picture of the universe, which pushed the age of the universe up by a few billion years or so.


Aww-ww--ww! It looks just like a blueberry lemon-lime jelly bean.

Today, I found out that we're all Asian. How sophisticated is that? Asia is where our proto-primate ancestor came from. Then it went over to Africa and came down out of the trees. 

Not only that but it is 55 million years old and looks like something the folks at central casting sent  over for an eco-horror flick.  

I am Tarsier the Elder and I will cut off your snout with this leaf.




Well, all I can say is that even on my baddest bad hair day or my draggiest morning after the night before, I never looked as weird as that particular ancestor.  Then again . . . .


Hate that gray? Fry it away!
My head baking at the hair salon.
No, it didn't turn out hot pink, just brown and blond and red all over.

No comments: