Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What a Difference 50 Years Makes



Drop names, not bombs.  I'm looking at you Gi.








"Free Freedom" must make more sense in French.











"Everything looks worse in black & white..."  Or does it?


Just call me an old cranky-pants (bell-bottomed cranky-pants, of course), but the photos from the recent Chanel Spring 2015 fashion show made my head explode.  And not because of the Day-Glo colors.  I love the sassy prints and patterns, the shoes that look like you could actually walk a mile in them, and all that long straight hair.  All that effervescent estrogenic rich-grr-rr-rr-l power is kind of cute especially when you are an old, wizened crone such as myself.

But today is my birthday and I am in no mood for the commodification of protest, especially not when we are bombing them into yesterday in yet one more undeclared war.  



                                                                                                                                                                     
Here's a link to Simon & Garfunkel performing Kodachrome.  Unhappily, unfortunately.


1 comment:

Maureen Rogers said...

I'm with you, sister. I missed Gi leading the "demonstration". Free freedom, alright.